Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Kmart Disappointment

You have probably heard all the excitement surrounding Kmart's Super Doubles week this week at all Kmart stores. Through December 6th, Kmart is doubling up to and including $2 coupons. Sounds like some great potential savings, doesn't it?

I thought so and headed over this evening to grab some freebies. Unfortunately, just like the last time I tried to do this deal, there weren't many freebies to be had.

Granted, you could do fairly well on some products if you had a $1 or $1.50 coupon. For example, I bought two tubes of Colgate Total toothpaste for $.29 each with my doubled $1.50 coupons. But many of the cosmetic products I had hoped to get for a song were long gone. That is, the single packs of lipstick and eye shadow, for example, that would have been nearly free with my $2 off L'Oreal and Revlon coupons, were sold out.

Also, the products I buy all the time at the grocery store or CVS or Walgreens were more expensive to begin with at Kmart, so I decided to hold onto my coupons to use at another store during a good sale.

I wish you better luck than I had at finding bargains. I bet they're there, I just didn't find them.

No comments: